The Service is not intended for use by individuals under eighteen years of age. If you are under the age of eighteen, you may not access or use the Service (which includes downloading and using the Mobile App). If you are aware of any use of the Service by an individual under the age of eighteen, please inform us immediately so that we can terminate such usage.
A. What Information We Collect.
- Personal Information.
You may browse the Site without disclosing any personal information. If, however, you access or use the Service (including the Mobile App), whether as a shipper, carrier, driver, or otherwise, you may be required to provide information that will allow us to facilitate such access or use, which information may include, without limitation: any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a name, company name, postal address, business name and information, a driver’s license number, a telephone number, an email address, and credit card information (collectively “Personal Information”). With respect to carriers, such information may also include but is not limited to motor carrier authority information (e.g., federal or state motor carrier numbers) and documentation (e.g., certificates of insurance, motor carrier authority permits or certificates, and safety- related documents). You acknowledge that your access and use of certain portions of the Service is conditioned on your provision of such Personal Information. You may decline or revoke your prior authorization to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service.
- Location Information.
The Mobile App collects real-time information about the physical location of the device through which you access and use the Service. This location information is used for various purposes, including but not limited to, shipment tracking, determining delivery times and conveying the same to shippers, and improving the Service.
- Device Information.
When you download, access, and use the Service (including the Mobile App), it may use automated technology to collect information that is sent to us automatically regarding your computer or mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Usage Information.
B. How We Use Your Information
We use information the information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Operate, maintain, and provide the Service (including the Mobile App);
- Engage third-party service providers to perform transportation services;
- Process registration with the Service and open, maintain, and close accounts;
- Provide you with information and otherwise communicate with you regarding your use of the Service;
- Notify you when Mobile App or other Service updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though the Service;
- Improve, expand, and troubleshoot the Service;
- Provide customized content and information;
- Use for internal business purposes;
- Enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use;
- Conduct billing and collection; and
- Fulfill any other use disclosed at the time you provide your information or as described in this Privacy
C. Circumstances Under Which We May Disclose Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, for business purposes without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
- To other users of the Service as necessary to facilitate the services. For example, certain information regarding a carrier may be disclosed to a shipper whose load the carrier has agreed to transport (and vice versa) as necessary to facilitate the provision and completion of that transportation;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of LoadBetter’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by LoadBetter about our Service users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- If required to do so to comply with any court order, law or legal process (including to respond to any government or regulatory request), or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is so required;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Terms and Conditions of Use, and for billing and collection; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LoadBetter, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not sell, share, rent or trade Personal Information we have collected about you. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you consent to such sharing at the time you provide your Personal Information.
You hereby assign to LoadBetter all rights in any feedback, suggestions, reports of system errors, and other information or ideas regarding the Service you provide to us (“Feedback”) and agree that we shall have the right to use such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. Without limiting the foregoing, this assignment of rights applies to any testimonials you provide, and you hereby also grant us the right to use your name in connection with sharing such testimonials with the public. We will treat any Feedback you provide to us as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to us any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary. If you agree to
participate in any case studies, you agree that information you provide in connection with the case study is deemed Feedback and that we may use your name in connection with such Feedback.
D. How We Collect Your Information.
We collect information from and about users of our Service directly from you when you provide it to us, and automatically when you use the Service (including the Mobile App). The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Web Beacons.
Pages of the Site, Mobile App, and our email communications may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to, for example, count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Service statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Mobile App content and verifying system and server integrity).
E. Security of Your Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the login credentials we have given you (or you have chosen) to access to certain parts of the Service. Do not to share your password with anyone, and we urge you to be careful about giving out information in any public areas of the Site or Mobile App. Any information you include in a publicly accessible area of the Service will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users of the Service. If you delete your User Content from the Site or Mobile App, copies of such User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Service users.
You also agree and are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information of any other user of the Service that you receive from us (or otherwise obtain) for purposes of facilitating the services you provide or receive using the Service.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through our Service. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
We may retain your data indefinitely.
F. International Use
The Service is hosted in the United States. If you use the Service from a region other than the United States, you acknowledge that you are transferring your personal information from that region to the United States for storage and processing. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
The Service may provide you with the opportunity to elect to receive future communications about LoadBetter products and services. If you authorize these communications, we may contact you periodically with such information. However, if you later change your mind and would no longer like to continue receiving such communications, please contact us (our contact information is listed below) and let us know that you would like to be removed from all further communications (or, if available,
click the link at the bottom of any email you receive from us and follow the instructions). Please allow us a reasonable period of time to complete your request.
I. Contact Us
4836-3024-5861, v. 1